- This event has passed.
Portrait Painting in Watercolor with Steve Ross
October 22, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm$85.00
Join us for this four hour workshop with artist and illustrator Steven Tracy Ross focused on Portrait Painting in Watercolor.
This session if for those who wish to learn techniques of rendering a portrait in watercolor. Including:
• Watercolor technique warmup
• Drawing the portrait in preparation for painting
• Laying in color masses
• Modeling with shadow
• Modeling with light
We will work from a live figure model the entire session. This session is limited to 15 students.
All materials (besides brushes) are included in the course. Brushes required: 1/2″ to 1″ Flat brush and 1/2″ to 1″ Round brush.
Please email if you have any questions.
Simon. Drawing New York
Steve Ross is an artist and illustrator whose work has appeared in many magazines and periodicals including the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times and Foreign Policy Magazine. He is the creator of two popular graphic novels: Marked, a re-imagining of the Gospel of Mark and Blinded, an irreverent take on the adventures of St. Paul of Tarsus.
To get the most out of this session please arrive 15 minutes before start time with the recommended materials.
* Please note our drawing class policies which are designed to help all students concentrate on their work.
• Models pose for 20 minutes at a time with 5 minute breaks between each pose.
• There is an expectation of quiet while the model is posing and during “working breaks”.
• Cell phones (including texting) must be done outside the classroom.
• Headphones may be used at low volumes.
Please feel free to email any questions you may have to
Thank you as always,