Museum of The City of New York: Uptown Bounce (07/27/16)
The Museum of the City New York
From MCNY: Join the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio for our third annual Uptown Bounce series of summer block parties! On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, sample distinctive New York DJs with music and dancing (including dance lessons), and enjoy gallery talks and tours, art workshops, summer drinks and local food.
@ The Museum of the City of New York: Boogie Down to 70’s Hits
Boogie down to the subcultures of the 70’s with
– Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! spinning Disco and Dance Skate Classics
– Roller-skating dancer Space Age with hula hoopers Betty Jackson King and Brooklyn Proper
– “Waacking” dance lessons from Princess Lockeroo
– Outdoor screen printing and collaborative image making with Mobile Print Power
@ El Museo del Barrio: Simply Antonio
Celebrate the work of ANTONIO LOPEZ with
– Wearable art fashion show with FIT & Parsons School of Design
– DJ Riobamba spinning Digital Diaspora tunes
– Design fashions on paper for a miniature figurine
Artist and organizer Simon Levenson is the drawing instructor at The National Arts Club and teaches drawing at The Museum of The City of New York.