The Rubin Museum Block Party – (07/17/16)
The Rubin Museum Block Party 2016
From The Rubin Museum: Spend an afternoon celebrating the monsoon! Save the date and join us for a celebration inspired by our exhibition Nepalese Seasons: Rain and Ritual. Activities and performances will celebrate Nepal’s festivals, nature, and culture with connections to the art and ideas of the region.
- Art activities inspired by Nepal’s seasonal festivals and monsoon rituals; make rainsticks, frog masks, pinwheels, hybrid animals, prayer flags, flower garlands, and more
- Nepalese-inspired music and dance performances by artists such as Dikyi and Brooklyn Raga Massive.
- Educational activities led by Adhikaar and other Himalayan cultural groups, including traditional Nepali dress demonstrations
- Family yoga instruction
- Museum tours and gallery searches for families
- Henna tattoos
REFRESHMENTS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE:
- Himalayan street food, including samosas, chutney sandwiches, and fruit lassis, from Café Serai
- Artisanal ice cream from Van Leeuwen